At Naperville Dental Specialists, we don’t think your budget should hold you back from having dentures that are comfortable and functional. That’s why we offer mini implants in Naperville. Mini implants will secure your dentures to prevent them from falling out and make them feel more like your natural teeth for about half the cost of standard dental implants. These smaller implants are approximately 1/3 of the diameter of your typical implants. They’re surgically placed in your jawbone and once the jawbone heals, your custom dentures are snapped onto them. In some cases, your permanent dentures can even be placed immediately.
Pros and Cons of Mini Implants
- The surgery is easier and less expensive than it is with standard dental implants.
- The healing time is faster.
- The surgically implanted root forms help prevent jawbone shrinkage and facial collapse.
- Mini implants secure your dentures so they don’t slip or fall out.
- They allow you to chew more effectively than you can with removable dentures.
- Though your dentures with mini implants will be much more secure than removable dentures, they won’t be as secure as they would be with standard implants.
- Mini implants aren’t strong enough to support a tooth, crown or bridgework.
Complimentary Consultations for Mini Implants in Naperville
While mini implants are an affordable alternative to standard implants, be sure you’re not sacrificing the quality of the fixtures and implant procedure itself in order to get a bargain, since mistakes can have serious effects. Dr. LaVacca is an experienced professional and has been specially trained in dental implant placement to safely and effectively transform your smile. He’ll be able to determine if you’re a candidate for the treatment and, if you are, he’ll expertly secure your dentures to give you the perfect blend of aesthetics and function. Ready to find out if mini implants are right for you? Book a free consultation with Naperville implant dentist Dr. LaVacca online or by calling us at (630) 848-2010.