Are Lil Wayne’s teeth dental implants or a grill? Have you seen the itsy bitsy teeny weeny diamonds on his teeth? Who is right? Me or my brother? I say it’s a grill and my brother thinks it’s his real teeth. I figured an expert can look at pictures of those teeth and be able to tell what they really are. I think Rhianna wrote that song about shine bright like a diamond after having dreams about Lil Wayne’s teeth. LOL. But seriously. Me and my brother have a bet. Can you tell the truth about his teeth and how many carats of diamonds are on them? Terrance
Terrance – There are lots of questions about how Lil Wayne could get diamonds on his natural teeth. Many people think they have to be dental implants or a grill.
What Lil Wayne Has Said about His Teeth
In a 2010 interview, Jimmy Kimmel brought up the subject. Lil Wayne’s response was, “No, it’s not a grill because c…come out…Imma die with these. These are my teeth…” After Jimmy asked if the teeth could be switched out, Lil Wayne responded, “I can go to the dentist and switch them out, but it’s surgery.”
Check out the interview in the video below:
The rapper’s response provides clues:
- If surgery is involved, his teeth might really be diamond-embedded dental implants.
- His natural teeth could have been altered to embed diamonds in them.
- If his teeth really aren’t removable, he might not be wearing a grill, unless of course, the grill was bonded on.
The dentist who provided Lil Wayne with the diamond-studded smile used to have several pages on his website dedicated to the rapper. Although the pages have been removed from the dentist’s website, they can still be accessed through Wayback machine. The pages confirm the dentist’s involvement, but they don’t reveal the actual work that was done. It’s illegal to reveal a patient’s medical or dental history.
Lil Wayne himself might not know the details of the procedure, but he does acknowledge that permanent dental work was completed to bling out his smile. Although we haven’t seen his teeth face-to-face, the photos look as if he might have a permanent grill or a dental bridge. The star says that surgery would be required to change his teeth.
Consider these facts that seem to point more toward a grill than dental implants:
- Replacing crowns on dental implants doesn’t require surgery, but the rapper said surgery would be needed to remove the bling.
- There is supporting evidence from a 2010 online news article that featured the dentist who created the flashy smile. The article first refers to the dentist’s services including dental implants, and later it states, “Requests for diamond grill work are more rare.” Hmm. Why the reference to diamond grill work? We can’t be sure, but it makes us wonder.
The verdict is still out on whether the rapper has dental implants or a grill. Although we don’t have information on how many carats of diamonds are on his teeth, he reportedly paid $150,000 for the sparkle.
This post is sponsored by Naperville implant dentist and board-certified prosthodontist Dr. Anthony LaVacca.