If you are looking for affordable dental implants, you probably realize how important they are to your long-term oral health.
Deeply Rooted Advantages
- Surgically implanted – They mimic tooth roots and are placed in your jawbone. They function and feel natural.
- Stability – You can get maximum stability for a single missing tooth, multiple missing teeth, or dentures.
- Preserve jawbone – Implants stimulate bone and prevent jawbone shrinkage.
- Prevent facial collapse – If all of your teeth are missing and your jawbone shrinks, your facial muscles will sag and make you look older. Implants help prevent facial collapse.
How to Get High-Quality, Affordable Dental Implants
There are several ways to make tooth replacement or stabilizing your dentures more affordable.
1. Limit the number
If you need to stabilize your dentures, it can be done with as few as two implants. If it’s within your budget, choose standard fixtures over smaller ones. Just remember that more implants will increase the stability. Most implant dentists recommend four to six fixtures. Some of your options include:
- Snap-on dentures
2. Limit the size
Although mini implants are not strong enough to replace a single tooth, they can secure dentures. Just two of these smaller fixtures will eliminate the anxiety and embarrassment of dentures slipping around or falling out. The diagram to the right shows how mini and standard fixtures compare.
3. Have the work done in phases
Ask your dentist about options for completing your dental work in phases. Some possibilities are below.
- Receive your dentures first and have the base fitted for affordable dental implants later.
- You can also receive implant fixtures in phases—two at a time—until you’ve reached the number you want.
- If you are replacing individual teeth, get one or two implants at a time.
4. Consider financing
Most dentists offer financing or payment plans. Ask your dentist about in-office plans or low- or no-interest financing through healthcare credit companies. You can even request financing on your own through companies like CareCredit®.
5. Do Your Homework
Whether or not you get quality implants that last is mostly determined by the dentist you choose. Before you select a provider, research a few dentists to learn about their education, continuing education, and credentials. Affordable dental implants are a waste of time without quality planning, placement, and aftercare. Going the cheap route can cause many problems, including:
- Loose implant fixtures
- Nerve impairment
- Pain, numbness, and tingling
Your choice of a provider is crucial to avoiding implant failure. For example, Dr. LaVacca is an American board-certified prosthodontist. In addition to receiving specialty training after dental school, he obtained board certification. He also teaches other dentists about how to obtain the best results with implantology. Find out what he does to ensure you get dental treatment that lasts.
Schedule Consultations for Affordable Dental Implants
We recommend that you schedule consultations with two or three highly experienced dentists to discuss your treatment and payment options. If you’re local to Naperville, Dr. LaVacca welcomes you to schedule one of your consultations with him.
This post is sponsored by American board-certified prosthodontist Dr. Anthony LaVacca.