Skip to main content

What kind of doctor should I see for TMJ?

By April 30, 2013November 30th, 2018Prosthodontist, TMJ


I think I have TMJ. What kind of doctor should I see for it? – Blake

Blake – Dentists often treat TMJ symptoms, but there is no recognized specialty for TMJ disorders.

Find a dentist with extensive TMJ training. Visit his or her website to find out if the dentist has received training specific to the disorder. Prosthodontists are specialists who are highly trained to address jaw joint disorders.

This post is sponsored by board-certified prosthodontist and Naperville dentist Dr. Anthony LaVacaa.

Close Menu